Thursday, January 10, 2013

Tonal Contrast

This is a photo of my shadow. I am on one knee
and am next to the light post as well. I tilted my
head as I shot the photo in portrait form.
Manual
White Balance: Sunny
Shutter Speed 1/100 sec.
Aperture f/22
ISO-800
Focal Length 18 mm

This is a photo of where the benches are. I saw the shadow of the trees on
the wall and it caught my eye. So I decided to approach the benches and hoped
that this idea of a wonderful landscape would work with the tree's shadow
creating an interesting design to the photo. I did not intentionally try to add the
benches on the bottom corners but what I did try to do was make the photo
balanced on both sides.
M
WB: Sunny
1/100 sec.
f/22
ISO-800
FL 23 mm

A photo of Quintin by the light post. Here we can
see the ray of bokeh produced by the sun and the shadow.
This photo may not be a really good example of tonal
contrast. Hopefully his black coat and the sun reflected
from the concrete works.
Manual
Sunny
1/160 sec.
f/20
ISO-800
34 mm

2 comments:

  1. Nice work Josh! The last one was a little muddy. Maybe if shoot with AEB on and merge to get a wider tonal range. Nice composition all around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. Y! I will try to learn more about AEB on my next photos.

      Delete